2016 Call for Nominations for ALAC Members and ALAC Delegates to the NomCom
On behalf of Alan Greenberg, Chair of the ALAC, the 2016 call for nominations for ALAC Members and ALAC Delegates to the NomCom is now open.
Please refer to the 2016 ALAC and RALO Elections, Selections and Appointments for a comprehensive list of all available positions and whether current holders of the positions are eligible for re-selection.
AFRALO and APRALO will be holding their selection process for their RALO leaders on the same schedule as the ALAC and NomCom Delegate positions. NARALO began their call for nominations on 11 April 2016. Details are located on the RALO selection, election and appointment pages.
ALAC: Terms for the ALAC will run from the end of the 2016 AGM to the end of the 2018 AGM.
ALAC Delegates to the NomCom: Voting members of the NomCom are appointed for a one year term, starting at the 2016 AGM and ending at the close of the 2017 AGM and may be re-appointed for a further term of one year subject to the requirement under the ICANN Bylaws.
ALAC Selection Timetable for 2016 ALAC Members* - Proposed by the ALAC:
- 26 April - Announcement of call for nominations and Nominee's Statement.**
- 26 April - 9 May - Nomination period (nominations accepted for 10 working days).
- 16 May - Deadline for nomination acceptances
- 18 May - 25 May 2016 - Elections (If required, elections will begin no later than one week after the deadline for nomination acceptances and end no later than two weeks after that deadline).
- 2016 AGM [ ICANN 57 ] - Newly elected ALAC representative shall be seated on the ALAC at the ALAC Wrap Up Session during the 2016 AGM.
*Please note that the timetable for the selection of NARALO ALAC Members is different than the above timetable. Please see the NARALO At-Large Elections, Selections and Appointments 2016 page.
** NOTES ON NOMINATIONS
- All nominees are expected to submit a brief statement to At-Large staff explaining why they believe they are a suitable candidate and must also complete or update their Statement of Interest (see: At-Large New SOIs Workspace).
- No one who is currently serving on the Nominating Committee may be nominated for the ALAC. See https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en#VII-8
Process for Nominations:
Nominations, including self-nominations may be made directly on the 2016 ALAC and RALO Elections, Selections and Appointments or by sending a note to At-Large staff.
Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie Peregrine, Terri Agnew and Yeşim Nazlar
ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community