Regional At-Large Organizations (RALOs)
The five RALOs unite our At-Large Structures (ALSes) and individual members based on their geographic regions. As the information conduit and facilitators, RALOs disseminate information from ICANN, promote the participation of their members, and channel the regional user point of view to ICANN. Each RALO is governed by its own organizing documents, including a Memorandum of Understanding with ICANN. Playing a key role in ICANN’s regional strategies, several RALOs partner with ICANN to facilitate the development of critical infrastructure for the Domain Name System. Learn more about RALOs from ICANN’s Bylaws >
Asian, Australasian and Pacific Islands Regional At-Large Organization
- APRALO is made up of more sub-regions than any other region and comprises more than 70 nations reaching from Turkey to New Zealand?
- APRALO is the region with the most Internet users, the most people still offl ine and the greatest growth potential in the coming years?
- You can now get a domain name in many local languages of the region, such as .asia?
- Due to the region’s diversity and growth, Asia-Pacific Internet users are among the most concerned by current Internet policy discussion?
- As a member of APRALO, you can make a direct impact on the direction of the international body responsible for some of the Internet’s key resources?
To learn more about the ongoing work of APRALO, you are welcome to check out its confluence wiki workspace: community.icann.org/display/APRALO.
León Felipe Sánchez Ambía Selected by At-Large Community as Next ICANN Board Director
After six months of efforts, the At-Large Community has successfully concluded its ICANN Board Director selection process on 27 February 2017. León Felipe Sánchez Ambía has been selected by At-Large as the successor of Rinalia Abdul Rahim and will begin his 3 year term as an ICANN Board Director at the end of ICANN60 (3 November 2017).More information about León Felipe Sánchez Ambía Selected by At-Large Community as Next ICANN Board Director >
- New APRALO Outreach Calendar
This community-initiated, community-managed calendar is used for APRALO members to publicize their activities and involvements related to ICANN in their respective countries. ICANN Global Stakeholder Engagement team is also encouraged to use this calendar to identify events that APRALO ALSes may be interested in participating.