Regional At-Large Organizations (RALOs)
The five RALOs unite our At-Large Structures (ALSes) and individual members based on their geographic regions. As the information conduit and facilitators, RALOs disseminate information from ICANN, promote the participation of their members, and channel the regional user point of view to ICANN. Each RALO is governed by its own organizing documents, including a Memorandum of Understanding with ICANN. Playing a key role in ICANN’s regional strategies, several RALOs partner with ICANN to facilitate the development of critical infrastructure for the Domain Name System. Learn more about RALOs from ICANN’s Bylaws >
Asian, Australasian and Pacific Islands Regional At-Large Organization
- APRALO is made up of more sub-regions than any other region and comprises more than 70 nations reaching from Turkey to New Zealand?
- APRALO is the region with the most Internet users, the most people still offl ine and the greatest growth potential in the coming years?
- You can now get a domain name in many local languages of the region, such as .asia?
- Due to the region’s diversity and growth, Asia-Pacific Internet users are among the most concerned by current Internet policy discussion?
- As a member of APRALO, you can make a direct impact on the direction of the international body responsible for some of the Internet’s key resources?
To learn more about the ongoing work of APRALO, you are welcome to check out its confluence wiki workspace: community.icann.org/display/APRALO.
Future Policy and Outreach Ambassadors to Attend the Third At-Large Summit (ATLAS III)
See the blog on ICANN.org: Future Policy and Outreach Ambassadors to Attend the Third At-Large Summit (ATLAS III): https://go.icann.org/2Bc9DoaMore information about Future Policy and Outreach Ambassadors to Attend the Third At-Large Summit (ATLAS III) >
- 2018 APRALO Regional Selections
Selection Timetable for 2018 APRALO Leadership Members
- 23 April 2018 - Announcement of call for nominations and Nominee's Statement.*
- 23 April – 4 May 2018 - Nomination period (nominations accepted for 10 working days).
- 11 May 2018 - Deadline for nomination acceptances
- 14 May - 18 May 2018 - Elections (If required, elections will begin no later than one week after the deadline for nomination acceptances and end no later than two weeks after that deadline).
- 2018 AGM [ ICANN 63 ] - Newly elected ALAC Members and RALOs Leaders shall be seated at the ALAC Wrap Up Session during the 2018 AGM