Regional At-Large Organizations (RALOs)
The five RALOs unite our At-Large Structures (ALSes) and individual members based on their geographic regions. As the information conduit and facilitators, RALOs disseminate information from ICANN, promote the participation of their members, and channel the regional user point of view to ICANN. Each RALO is governed by its own organizing documents, including a Memorandum of Understanding with ICANN. Playing a key role in ICANN’s regional strategies, several RALOs partner with ICANN to facilitate the development of critical infrastructure for the Domain Name System. Learn more about RALOs from ICANN’s Bylaws >
Asian, Australasian and Pacific Islands Regional At-Large Organization
- APRALO is made up of more sub-regions than any other region and comprises more than 70 nations reaching from Turkey to New Zealand?
- APRALO is the region with the most Internet users, the most people still offl ine and the greatest growth potential in the coming years?
- You can now get a domain name in many local languages of the region, such as .asia?
- Due to the region’s diversity and growth, Asia-Pacific Internet users are among the most concerned by current Internet policy discussion?
- As a member of APRALO, you can make a direct impact on the direction of the international body responsible for some of the Internet’s key resources?
APRALO consists of 45 ALSes located in 26 countries and territories.
To learn more about the ongoing work of APRALO, you are welcome to check out its confluence wiki workspace: community.icann.org/display/APRALO.
Take the At-Large Review Survey!
Help make At-Large a more efficient and effective part of the ICANN community – all are invited to take part in the At-Large Review survey. The At-Large Review is conducted by an independent examiner, ITEMS. Taking (no more than) 30min to participate in the review via the online survey will be an invaluable contribution to the success of this important review process. ITEMS will share the preliminary evaluation and findings of the survey during the ICANN57 Hyderabad Meeting. We urge you to fill in the survey at your earliest convenience, make your voice heard! This is your opportunity to share your views on what’s working, what’s not working so well, and improvements that could be made.More >
This community-initiated, community-managed calendar is used for APRALO members to publicize their activities and involvements related to ICANN in their respective countries. ICANN Global Stakeholder Engagement team is also encouraged to use this calendar to identify events that APRALO ALSes may be interested in participating.