It's Here! New At-Large Website
24 Feb 2016 by ICANN At-Large Staff
We are pleased to announce the launch of the brand new website of the ICANN At-Large Community!
Over the past year, the At-Large Community and ICANN Staff have provided dedicated efforts to create a more engaging site. The goal is to make the site an effective engagement tool and an one-stop shop for finding ALAC policy advice, At-Large news and events, ALAC and regional activities, and ways to get involved. This community-driven effort has resulted in a big step forward for At-Large.
Post launch, we expect our website to continue to evolve with new content that can easily be created and updated. Other features that we anticipate to evolve include:
- ALS Applications – New submission process for organizations that apply to become ALSes
- Translations – Translations for additional static labels and content, public comment information from icann.org, and curated content submitted by the At-Large Community
- Accessibility – Continued progress towards WCAG Level AA certification, relabeling of images with alternative text, and KIFs (for more deliverables, check here)
- Content Templates – Additional formats for content authoring via the generic content template
Expect to see updates on a bi-weekly basis with light feature releases every quarter. The next update will be in June 2016.
The new site is available at atlarge.icann.org. The previous site will be unpublished and archived at legacy-atlarge.icann.org.
We hope you enjoy using this site and find it with a fresh look and easy to access information. We would also like to thank our At-Large Community, especially the At-Large Website Revamp Taskforce, as well as our ICANN Product Team, IT, and offshore developers who gave their time, energy, and support to make the new website live!
If you have seen any issues, bugs, or items that need to be fixed or improved, there are two ways to report them:
- You may leave a comment on the wiki page here: https://community.icann.org/x/ShyAAw
- You may email Ariel Liang at email@example.com (At-Large Staff) and Laura Bengford at firstname.lastname@example.org (Digital Services).