At-Large Work Methods & Collaboration Tools
At-Large Event Calendar
The At-Large Event Calendar (powered by Google) shows all At-Large teleconferences and face-to-face sessions during ICANN International Meetings, including those of the ALAC, ALAC Executive Committee (ALT), RALOs and At-Large working groups. The calendar also includes At-Large Capacity Building Webinars and Briefings that usually cater to newcomers.
Please note that the times shown in the At-Large calendar are in UTC/GMT time. Once you click on a specific event, the time will convert into your local timezone.
How to Subscribe
Instead of remembering to visit http://atlarge.icann.org/calendar, you can subscribe to the At-Large Calendar using your Calendar application. Your Calendar application on your desktop or mobile device will show the meeting times in your time zone and you can set email notifications and/or popup to notify you at any time before the meeting (for example 2 hours before, 30 minutes before).
Typically, all calendar applications require a URL for the calendar you want to subscribe to.
Copy this entire URL and follow the instructions for your calendar application for:
- Google Calendar
- iCal (Mac OS X)
- iOS devices (iPhone / iPad), However, an easier method is to email the calendar URL to your iOS device and in iOS Mail, click on the calendar URL. You will be prompted if you want to subscribe to the calendar.
- An useful iOS calendar app is Calendars 5 by Readdle which syncs with local iOS and Google Calendars. It costs $6.99 US and comes with iPhone and iPad versions.
- Windows 8 desktop and Windows 8 devices, check out the OneCalendar application. See related GigaOM article
- Sync Android devices (phones/tablets) with Google Calendar. You first must subscribe to the At-Large Calendar using Google Calendar , then sync your Google Calendars with your Android device.
- Microsoft Outlook (Internet Calendar Subscriptions)
- Outlook.com (under "Subscribing to a calendar")
- Yahoo! Calendar
- Mozilla Lightning (extension for Mozilla Thunderbird)