At-Large Achievements at the 48th ICANN Meeting in Buenos Aires
The At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) and the members of the At-Large community achieved many policy and process-related goals during the ICANN 48 Meeting that took place in Buenos Aires, Argentina 17-22 November 2013. These included ratifying three policy advice statements and establishing the At-Large Registration Issues Working Group. As it was the ICANN Annual General Meeting, At-Large said goodbye to several ALAC and Regional Leaders and welcomed new leaders.
Among the many policy and process-related issues discussed during their meetings, there are several the ALAC would like to highlight as being of particular note:
- The ALAC held 21 formal meetings.
- Numerous additional informal working meetings were held including an informal joint meeting of the Board Candidate Evaluation Committee and the Board Member Selection Process Committee and Finance and Budget Sub-Committee Meeting to discuss the next steps for the ALAC regarding the Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program (CROPP). There were also transition meetings with AFRALO and NARALO regional leaders, an informal APRALO meeting with Kuek to discuss the APRALO Showcase on Singapore, and informal discussions with LACRALO leadership.
ALAC Policy Advice Activities
- Ratification of 3 Policy Advice Statements
ALAC Process Issues
- The ALAC agreed by consensus to establish an At-Large Registration Issues Working Group.
- As this new Working Group will address issues formerly covered in both the At-Large WHOIS Working Group and the At-Large Registration Rights and Responsibilities Working Group, these two Working Groups will be archived.
Incoming ALAC, ALT and Liaisons
- The ALAC had both incoming and departing members:
- Incoming ALAC Members: Rafid Fatani, Leon Sanchez, Fatima Cambronero, Maureen Hilyard, Beran Dondeh Gillen
- Exiting ALAC Members: Rinalia Abdul Rahim (ALT), Carlton Samuels (ALT), Natalia Enciso, Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro, Titi Akinsanmi
- 2014 ALAC Liaisons
- ccNSO: Maureen Hilyard
- GNSO: Alan Greenberg
- NCSG: Evan Leibovitch
- SSAC: Julie Hammer
- .mobi: Selection to be made
- 2014 ALAC Leadership Team
- Olivier Crépin-Leblond (Chair), Tijani Ben Jemaa (Vice-Chair), Evan Leibovitch (Vice-Chair), Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Holly Raiche