ALAC Submits Several Substantive Policy Development Statements
The At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) has started 2011 by focusing on policy development. As of the end of February 2011, the ALAC has already submitted five statements ranging from contributions to the 2011-2014 ICANN Strategic Plan to comments on the Interim Report of the Geographic Regions Review Working Group. The ALAC is currently developing statements on several more policy issues that are under public consultation.
The ALAC statements include direct contributions from the five Regional At-Large Structures (RALOs) and their At-Large Structures (ALSes) – adding their global grassroots perspectives to the strength of the At-Large policy statements.
The ALAC statements submitted to date in 2011 are:
- ALAC Statement on the Interim Report of the Geographic Regions Review Working Group
- ALAC Statement on Accountability & Transparency Review Team Final Recommendations
- ALAC Statement Regarding the Current Situation in Egypt
- ALAC Statement on Draft 2011 – 2014 Strategic Plan
- ALAC Statement on the Draft Final Report on Policy Aspects Regarding Introduction of Single Character IDN TLDs