On behalf of the Board Member Selection Process Committee (BMSPC) and for transparency purposes, we are announcing the start of the final election - Vote Round 1 - to select the ICANN Board Director selected by the At-Large Community (Seat #15) from the end of 2017 AGM (3 Nov 2017) to the end of 2020 AGM (23 Oct 2020).
The 20 electorate members who will cast votes in the electronic poll can be found HERE.
Who do you support to become the ICANN Board Director selected by the At-Large Community (Seat #15) from the end of 2017 AGM (3 Nov 2017) to the end of 2020 AGM (23 Oct 2020)? Please select one Candidate below (listed in alphabetical order of the last name):
- Alan Greenberg
- Leon Felipe Sanchez Ambia
- This poll opens on 21 February 2017 at 12:00 UTC and closes on 27 February 2017 at 12:00 UTC.
- Once open, electorate members receive Vote Credential emails that contain links to BigPulse to cast their votes online.
- Staff send reminders, as well as contact electorate members who haven’t voted before the poll closes.
The vote must meet both requirements below to reach quorum:
- 8 ALAC Members/Replacements + 4 RALO Chairs have voted
- At least 2 electorate members from each region (2 ALAC Members/Replacements OR 1 ALAC Member/Replacement + 1 RALO Chair) have voted
- Once a vote is cast in BigPulse, change is not allowed.
- This poll is a simple majority vote: electorate members may cast vote for only one Candidate.
- If one Candidate has more than 50% of the votes cast, that Candidate is deemed successful and declared the ICANN Board Director selected by the At-Large Community (Seat #15) from the end of 2017 AGM (3 Nov 2017) to the end of 2020 AGM (23 Oct 2020). Subsequently, the At-Large Board Director Selection Process is completed.
- If no Candidate receives more than 50% of the votes cast, all electorate members should conduct consultation immediately among themselves and within their RALOs till 3 March 2017 at 12:00 UTC.
- Following the consultation process, the Tie Breaking Vote, which is the same simple majority vote, starts on 04 March 2017 12:00 UTC and closes on 10 March 2017 12:00. Its Vote Credentials are sent once the poll opens.
- If the tie still exists after the completion of the Tie Breaking Vote, an in-person, random tie breaking draw takes place during the ICANN58 Copenhagen Meeting. Details to follow.
For information of the Final Slate of Candidates for the ICANN Board Director position selected by the At-Large Community, please click HERE.
For background information of the ICANN Board Director Selection Process, please visit the At-Large Board Member Selection workspace.
Any questions regarding the process should also be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be answered as quickly as possible.