Joint NCUC-At-Large Event
Breaking the Silos: Find Your Place at ICANN!
SATURDAY, 10 MARCH 2018 15:15 - 16:45 LOCAL TIME (SAN JUAN)
Room 208-BC, Conference Center
As a part of At-Large community engagement events during ICANN61, The European Regional At-Large Organization (EURALO) invites you to a new edition of NCUC + At-Large! Learn about civil society spaces in ICANN and how to engage in Internet policy. Organized by NCUC and EURALO, this joint outreach will bring great presentations on working groups in an interactive session to answer all your questions.
Building on the success of the joint NCUC-At-Large session at ICANN58 and NCUC-At-Large session during ICANN60, this session represents a joint event of the NonCommercial Users Constituency (ncuc.org) and At-Large (atlarge.icann.org) for local Academia, Civil Society, and individual users. It will be built around specific issues of interest to inform the audience about ongoing policy processes at ICANN and discuss in an interactive manner how people and organizations wanting to join can contribute.
VENUE AND TIME
Venue: Room 208-BC, Conference Center
Saturday, 10 March 2018 15:15 - 16:45 local time (San Juan)
Moderators: Tatiana Tropina and Olivier Crépin-Leblond, EURALO Chair
- How not to drown in the acronym soup? Introduction to ICANN, NCUC and At-Large: (20 minutes)
- NCUC and its governance (Louise Marie Hurel + Renata Aquino @renataaquino - remotely) (4 min)
- What is At-Large and how is it governed? (Tijani Ben Jemaa) (4 min)
- What is the difference between NCUC and At-Large? Do we also have different positions on various issues? (examples: consumer trust / privacy / freedom of speech) (Milton Mueller and Olivier) (9 min)
- What can we do together and how we cooperate? (Olivier and Tatiana) (3 min)
- What are we working on? Some insights into ICANN policy world (40 minutes)
- GDPR Compliance at ICANN: top down and bottom up (Ayden Ferdeline + Holly Raiche)
- Geo names at New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Work Track 5: In the trenches (Robin Gross + Cheryl Langdon-Orr)
- The future of human rights in ICANN’s policy considerations (Collin Kurre + Bastiaan Goslings)
- Navigating ICANN maze: how to get involved? (10 min)
- Joining PDPs, WGs and other processes: NCUC and At-Large perspective (Rafik Dammak + Sebastien Bachollet)
- Grabbing a pen? Public Comments: NCUC and At-Large perspective (Rafik Dammak + Bastiaan Goslings)
- Ok, you did a great job! Now get serious and take a leadership opportunity (15 minutes )
- Opportunities at NCUC (5 min - Bruna Santos)
- Opportunities in At-Large (5 min - Glenn McKnight @inkmedia)
- Global Stakeholder Engagement (5 min - Adam Peake)
- Wrap up (5 minutes)
- NCUC: Bruna/Elsa
- At-Large: Olivier
SIGHTS AND SOUNDS
Click here to find a compilation of pictures and videos from the Joint NCUC-EURALO Outreach Event.