Application for "At-Large Structure" (ALS) Designation
1. Organization's Name: ISOC.Ar Argentine Chapter of the Internet Society
2. Organization's email address: isoc@xxxxxxxx
3. Organization's phone number (include country/city codes): +54 11 43260777
4. Organization's address (location and postal address, if different): Suipacha 128 3F - 1008 - Buenos Aires - Argentina
5. Organization's website (URL) (if available): www.isoc.org.ar
6. Organization's contact for ALS application (email, phone, address):
Sebastián Bellagamba sbellagamba@xxxxxxxx Pte. Perón 949 5to Piso (C1038AAS)
Cdad. Autónoma de Buenos Aires Tel: (54-11) 6334-1000 Fax: (54-11) 6334-1010
7. Is your organization constituted so that participation by individual Internet users who are citizens or residents of countries within the Geographic Region in which your organization is based will predominate in your organization's operation?
8. Describe your organization's constituents/membership (number, citizenship/location, defining characteristic - e.g. profession for professional societies):
ISOC.Ar is a membership organization, open to every Argentine resident who wants to participate.
We are a non commercial entity incorporated in Argentina. ISOC.Ar is managed by well seasoned professionals, who understand ICANN, It's role and the challenges of the development of the Internet:
Presidente: Sebastián Bellagamba (Currently Chair of the Addressing Support Organization, ASO, at ICANN)
Vicepresidente: Sebastián Riccardi (Currenltly member of the Interim At Large Advisory Committee and the .ORG Advisory Committee)
Secretario: Federico Ricciardi (President of Desarrollar.org, a Development Gateway Project)
Tesorero: Jorge Plano
Protesorero: Oscar Messano
Vocal Titular: Mariana Berruezo
Vocal Titular: Raúl Bauer
Vocal Suplente: Christian O'Flaherty
Vocal Suplente: Gabriel Adonaylo
Vocal Suplente: Jorge F. Messano
Vocal Suplente: Antonio Harris
Vocal Suplente: Jorge Churio
Comisión Revisora de Cuentas
Miembro Titular: Antonio Lagioia
Miembro Titular: Fernando Silveira Galván
Miembro Suplente: Héctor Ariel Manoff
We held plenary meetings and Board of Trustees meetings once or twice a month.
9. Explain the eligibility requirements (if any) for your organization's constituents/membership (if you provide a written application for admission as a member, you may attach a copy):
There is no special elegibility requirements. Members can join the chapter through www.isoc.org website, and they must be argentine residents.
10. In what language/s does your organization conduct its business?
11. Provide support for the statement that your organization is self-supporting (by answering "yes" you confirm that it will not rely on ICANN for funding):
12. Describe your organization's structure (e.g. governing and decision-making bodies and processes):
We have a Board of trustees, helding open meetings and plenary meetings. All meetings are open to members and decisions are consensus based.
13. Does your organization commit to supporting its individual constituents'/membership's informed participation in ICANN?
14. Describe how your organization keeps its constituents/membership informed about, and enables them to participate in, decisions regarding issues of interest:
We run an e-mail list and held meetings every month.
15. Does your organization post on the Internet publicly-accessible, current information about your organization's goals, structure, description of constituent group(s)/membership, working mechanisms, leadership, and contact(s) (if this information currently is available, provide URLs)?
YES. Please visit www.isoc.org.ar
16. Provide information on your organization's leadership (leaders' names, positions, emails):
Sebastián Bellagamba (president) sbellagamba@xxxxxxxx
Federico Ricciardi (Secretary) correo@xxxxxxxx
Sebastián Ricciardi (Vice President) sricciardi@xxxxxxxx
17. What is your organization's primary goal or mission (please attach any mission or policy statement for your organization, if in writing, or provide a URL, if posted):
We share ISOC basic principles, plus some local, specific objectives tailored to Argentina and Latin America:
Promote the availability of contents in Spanish and every activity related to the promotion, development and capacity building regarding the Internet and its associate technologies.
Generate reliable information about the development of the Internet in Argentina.
Promote the infrastructure development in the region, i.e. the development and availability of regional backbones.
Create public awareness about any measure that jeopardize the development of the Internet.
18. What ICANN-related issues currently are of interest to your organization's constituents/membership:
NRO relationship with ICANN
User participation within ICANN
19. If formed, will your organization commit to assisting the Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) for the region in which your organization is based in performing its function?