ALAC Breaks Previous Year's Record with 40 Policy Statements Submitted in 2011
The ALAC submitted a record 40 policy statements in 2011. This marks a 60 percent increase in the development of statements from the already substantial 25 statements submitted in 2010. In addition to the significant growth in the development of policy statements, the ALAC has also increasingly incorporated comments from the five At-Large Regional At-Large Organizations and their now 138 At-Large Structures.
In December 2011, the ALAC approved five statements. They are:
- ALAC Statement on the Preliminary Issue Report on 'Thick' Whois
- ALAC Statement on the Joint ccNSO and GNSO Working Group on Single Character IDN TLDs
- ALAC Statement on the Preliminary Support Implementation Program
- ALAC Statement on the Geographic Regions Review
- ALAC Statement on the .ASIA One and Two Character Allocation Proposal
All ALAC statements may be viewed on the At-Large Correspondence page.