Worldwide Elections for Members of the At-Large Advisory Committee Conclude
Each year, five of the 15 seats of the At-Large Advisory Committee ("ALAC") are up for election, one in each of the five ICANN Geographic Regions. The electors are the authorised representatives of the members of the At-Large community in each of those regions, who are themselves federated into Regional At-Large Organisations ("RALOs").
These elections are a part of a set of positions filled by At-Large each year between the second and third ICANN International meetings of the year. You can see complete information on the At-Large Elections 2009 page.
The following persons have been elected or re-elected for terms on the ALAC beginning at the end of the Seoul ICANN Meeting in October 2009 and concluding at the end of the meeting containing the ICANN AGM in 2011:
- Mohamed El Bashir (Sudan) - representing the African RALO ("AFRALO")
- Cheryl Langdon-Orr (Australia) - representing the Asia-Australasia and the Pacific Islands RALO ("APRALO")
- Sylvia Herlein Leite (Brazil) - representing the Latin America and the Caribbean Islands RALO ("LACRALO")
- Gareth Shearman (Canada) - representing the North American RALO ("NARALO")
- Patrick Vande Walle (Luxembourg) - representing the European RALO ("EURALO")
You may find more information about the serving and former members of the ALAC at any at http://www.icann.org/en/committees/alac/