Elected ALAC Officers and Liaisons for 2009/10
The nomination period for ALAC Liaison and Officer positions ended on 19 October 2009, a part of the larger set of elections and appointments which have taken place between the Sydney and Seoul ICANN meetings (please see http://www.atlarge.icann.org/elections/2009).
For the following positions, only one candidate was nominated and accepted nomination for their respective position. As a consequence, they are each returned for their respective position, serving from the close of the Seoul ICANN Meeting until the close of the ICANN AGM in late 2010:
- Chair: Cheryl Langdon-Orr Chair (APRALO)
- Vice Chair: Sébastien Bachollet (EURALO)
- Vice Chair: Alan Greenberg (NARALO)
- Rapporteur: Carlton Samuels (LACRALO)
- GNSO Liaison: Alan Greenberg (NARALO)
- IDN Policy Liaison: James Seng (APRALO)
- ccNSO Liaison: Rudi Vansnick (EURALO)
- SSAC Liaison: Patrick Vande Walle (EURALO)
- Board Liaison: Vanda Scartezini (election previously held and announced)
Remaining Open Positions:
An additional fifth member from AFRALO to complete the ALAC Executive Committee will be nominated by the ALAC shortly. The ALAC Executive Committee is composed of the officers (4), and a member of the ALAC from the region which is not represented from amongst the officers, and consequently the fifth position is always filled after the election of officers is announced.
No nominations were received for the NCSG and WHOIS Liaison positions. The ALAC will decide whether a the nomination period for the remaining two positions will be extended.