Slate of Three Candidates Selected for Position of the At-Large Selected Voting Board Director
On 28 October 2010, the At-Large Board Candidate Evaluation Committee (BCEC) announced the slate of three candidates for the position of At-Large selected voting Board Director. The three candidates, in alphabetical order by family name, are:
- Sébastien Bachollet
- Pierre Dandjinou
- Alan Greenberg
The Statements of Interest (SOI) from the 3 candidates as well as the 19 other applicants reviewed are available on the At-Large Candidate Workspace (workspace available at: https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Director+Candidate+2010+Workspace)
The time-line for the Board Director selected by the ALAC/At-Large Community is:
- 28 October: BCEC to announce slate of 3-7 candidates and SOI details;
- 28 October - 15 November: Campaigning period for candidates;
- On or before 7 November: RALO petition processes to be completed;
- 12 - 15 November (early UTC time on ): A community call with the final slate of candidates will be held;
- 15 - 22 November (RALOs can extend this until 25 November if desired): RALO discussions on candidates
- 22 - 25 November: First round of online voting on final slate of candidates;
- 26 – 28 November: Second round of online voting on final slate of candidates (only if necessary)
- 10 December: Successful candidate takes seat on ICANN Board.
To provide you with more information on the selection process, a diagram of the 2010 At-Large Board Director Candidate Selection process is available at At-Large Candidate Selection Process 2010 Diagram.pdf [PDF, 1.12 MB].
The BCEC warmly congratulate the slate of 3 candidates and look forward to a stimulating campaigning period. The BCEC were also delighted with, and were full of appreciation for, the extraordinarily high standard of all the conforming applicant SOI's received. The 19 applicants who were not chosen by the BCEC to be on the slate may petition the RALOs to support their application up to 7 November. If three or more RALOs agree to support their petition, the applicant will be placed on the final slate of candidates.