WEDNESDAY, 15 October 2014 18:30 to 20:30 PDT
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, Olympic Room,
2025 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067, USA
The North American Regional At-Large Organization (NARALO) invites you to its event to be held at the ICANN meeting in Los Angeles. It celebrates the community and invites other ICANN community stakeholders to learn more about the achievements of NARALO, one of the five Regional At-Large Structures (RALOs) in the At-Large family.
This evening will showcase how NARALO is striving to engage disadvantaged groups in North America and the American protectorate states, including the First Nations/Native communities. At the event, you will learn more about NARALO's outreach strategies to engage those groups as important stakeholders. Moreover, this evening will be a great opportunity for networking and storytelling, where participants can meet and greet NARALO members and interact with the sponsors at their display tables. Light refreshments will be provided.
Jacqueline Johnson Pata, the Executive Director of National Congress of American Indians, will be the keynote speaker. She is a member of the Raven/Sockeye Clan of the Tlingit Tribe (pronounced – Kling-get) and a member of the Central Council of the Tlingit-Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska. Mrs. Pata was the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Native American Programs of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development during the Clinton Administration. She will be speaking on broadband strategies and connectivity issues in Indian Country.
Jacqueline Johnson Pata, Executive Director of National Congress of American Indians
Fadi Chehadé, President and CEO of ICANN
Steve Crocker, Chairman of the Board of ICANN
Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Chair of the ALAC
Alan Greenberg, incoming Chair of the ALAC
Glenn McKnight, Secretariat of NARALO
Loris Taylor, President and CEO of Native Public Media
Anthony Niigani, President of Manitoba E-Association
Eduardo Diaz, At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) Member from NARALO
Derrick Suwaima Davis, Performer, Speaker, Artistic Director, and Choreographer
Additional details on the NARALO ALSes can be found here.
VENUE AND TIME
Olympic Room, Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
2025 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067, USA
- Welcome and introductions by the NARALO Secretariat, Glenn McKnight (18:30-18:35)
- Address from the Chair of ALAC, Olivier Crépin-Leblond (18:35-18:40)
- Address from the ICANN Board Chair, Steve Crocker (18:40-18:45)
- Address from the ICANN President and CEO, Fadi Chehadé (18:45-18:50)
- Address from the President and CEO of Native Public Media, Loris Taylor (18:50-18:53)
- Address from the Executive Director of National Congress of American Indians, Jacqueline Johnson Pata (18:53-19:10)
- Address by the President of Manitoba E-Association, Anthony Niiganii (19:10-19:15)
- Appreciations to sponsors by the Incoming Chair of the ALAC, Alan Greenberg (19:15-19:20)
- Address by event sponsors, Afilias and Verisign (19:20-19:25) (TBC)
- Closing remarks by the NARALO ALAC member, Eduardo Diaz (19:25-19:30)
- Traditional First Nations Hoop Dance with introduction by Loris Taylor and performance by Derrick Suwaima Davis (19:30-19:48)
- Outreach and Networking Reception (19:48-20:30)
SIGHTS AND SOUNDS
Click here to find a compilation of pictures and videos from the NARALO Showcase.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Garth Bruen, Chair of NARALO, email@example.com
- Glenn McKnight, Secretariat of NARALO, firstname.lastname@example.org