Application for "At-Large Structure" (ALS) Designation
CAUCE Canada (Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial E-mail, Canada)
1. Organization's Name: CAUCE Canada (Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial E-mail, Canada)
2. Organization's email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Organization's phone number (include country/city codes): +15144854474
4. Organization's address (location and postal address, if different): 2305 Oxford Avenue, Montreal, Quebec H4A 2X7, Canada
5. Organization's website (URL) (if available): http://www.cauce.ca
6. Organization's contact for ALS application (email, phone, address): John Levine, email@example.com
7. Is your organization constituted so that participation by individual Internet users who are citizens or residents of countries within the Geographic Region in which your organization is based will predominate in your organization's operation?
8. Describe your organization's constituents/membership (number, citizenship/location, defining characteristic - e.g. profession for professional societies):
Leading grassroots anti-spam advocacy organization in Canada with about 1,000 members
9. Explain the eligibility requirements (if any) for your organization's constituents/membership (if you provide a written application for admission as a member, you may attach a copy):
Any Canadian resident who subscribes to CAUCE Canada's goals can join
10. In what language/s does your organization conduct its business?
11. Provide support for the statement that your organization is self-supporting (by answering "yes" you confirm that it will not rely on ICANN for funding):
12. Describe your organization's structure (e.g. governing and decision-making bodies and processes):
Volunteer board governs by consensus
13. Does your organization commit to supporting its individual constituents'/membership's informed participation in ICANN?
14. Describe how your organization keeps its constituents/membership informed about, and enables them to participate in, decisions regarding issues of interest:
Web site and announcement mailing list
15. Does your organization post on the Internet publicly-accessible, current information about your organization's goals, structure, description of constituent group(s)/membership, working mechanisms, leadership, and contact(s) (if this information currently is available, provide URLs)?
Yes, all at http://www.cauce.ca
16. Provide information on your organization's leadership (leaders' names, positions, emails):
Chair, Neil Schwartzman, firstname.lastname@example.org
US liason, John Levine, email@example.com
See http://www.cauce.ca/about.html for other board members
17. What is your organization's primary goal or mission (please attach any mission or policy statement for your organization, if in writing, or provide a URL, if posted):
Lobby for effective anti-spam laws in Canada. See http://www.cauce.ca
18. What ICANN-related issues currently are of interest to your organization's constituents/membership:
WHOIS data, IP address alocation, new domains
19. If formed, will your organization commit to assisting the Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) for the region in which your organization is based in performing its function?
Yes, insofar as CAUCE Canada's limited budget permits
(Include the name, and title, if applicable, of the individual who is authorized by your organization to sign this application and commit your organization to comply with ALS criteria.)
Neil Schwartzman, chair, on behalf of the CAUCE Canada board