Application for "At-Large Structure" (ALS) Designation
1. Organization's Name: ASOCIACIÓN VENEZOLANA DE DERECHO INFORMÁTICO Y NUEVAS TECNOLOGÍAS (AVEDINT)
2. Organization's email address:lbrandtg@xxxxxxxx
3. Organization's phone number (include country/city codes): 58-212-953-9244
4. Organization's address (location and postal address, if different): ARAQUE REYNA SOSA VISO & PITTIER
Centro Lido, Torre C, Piso 8
Caracas , Venezuela
5. Organization's website (URL) (if available): N/A at this time
6. Organization's contact for ALS application (email, phone, address):
Leopoldo Brandt Graterol
7. Is your organization constituted so that participation by individual Internet users who are citizens or residents of countries within the Geographic Region in which your organization is based will predominate in your organization's operation?
8. Describe your organization's constituents/membership (number, citizenship/location, defining characteristic - e.g. profession for professional societies):
Organization integrated mainly by Attorneys in the filed of Computer Law and Intellectual Property, and Faculty.
9. Explain the eligibility requirements (if any) for your organization's constituents/membership (if you provide a written application for admission as a member, you may attach a copy):
No especial requirements procedure are in place. Only majority vote of the Board of Directors.
10. In what language/s does your organization conduct its business?
11. Provide support for the statement that your organization is self-supporting (by answering "yes" you confirm that it will not rely on ICANN for funding):
No self supporting.
12. Describe your organization's structure (e.g. governing and decision-making bodies and processes):
Governing Body is a Board of Directors of five (5) principals, elected by the Associates Assembly. Board reunions are validly convened with attendance of three members and vote validly adopted unanimously.
13. Does your organization commit to supporting its individual constituents'/membership's informed participation in ICANN?
14. Describe how your organization keeps its constituents/membership informed about, and enables them to participate in, decisions regarding issues of interest:
Members are informed via email and Electronic Bulletins
15. Does your organization post on the Internet publicly-accessible, current information about your organization's goals, structure, description of constituent group(s)/membership, working mechanisms, leadership, and contact(s) (if this information currently is available, provide URLs)?
16. Provide information on your organization's leadership (leaders' names, positions, emails):
Leopoldo Brandt (President). lbrandt@xxxxxxxx
Mariliana Rico Carrillo (Vicepresident). mariliana@xxxxxxxx
Yenette Vega (Finance Director) yvega@xxxxxxxx
José Ovidio Salgueiro (Academia Director). jsalgueiro@xxxxxxxx
17. What is your organization's primary goal or mission (please attach any mission or policy statement for your organization, if in writing, or provide a URL, if posted):
- Reunite specialist on Computer Law
- Promote research and studies in the field by seminars, conferences, and law analysis.
- Contribute with the development of high Technology Laws in Venezuela
- Express opinion on social relevant issues regarding the Computer Law and High Tec. Matters.
- Promote educative labor by designing scholarships, courses, etc,
18. What ICANN-related issues currently are of interest to your organization's constituents/membership:
ICANN organization and activities in general as well as the impact upon the Internet arena.
19. If formed, will your organization commit to assisting the Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) for the region in which your organization is based in performing its function?