Application for "At-Large Structure" (ALS) Designation
1. Organization's Name: Information Technology Professional Society of Trinidad and Tobago
3. Organization's phone number (include country/city codes): 868-627-8544
4. Organization's address (location and postal address, if different): P.O. Box 5087, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
5. Organization's website (URL) (if available): www.itps.org
6. Organization's contact for ALS application (email, phone, address):
Rabindra Jaggernauth, President, rabindra.jaggernauth@xxxxxxxx
868-627-8544 or 868-680-2479
10 Cirpriani Boulevard, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
7. Is your organization constituted so that participation by individual Internet users who are citizens or residents of countries within the Geographic Region in which your organization is based will predominate in your organization's operation?
8. Describe your organization's constituents/membership (number, citizenship/location, defining characteristic - e.g. profession for professional societies):
Constituents/membership - Professionals, Vendors, Consultants of the IT industry in Trinidad and Tobago
Number - 109 members (54 financial)
Defining characteristic - only representative organization of the IT industry in Trinidad and Tobago catering for privates sector needs, consisting of corporate and individual members
9. Explain the eligibility requirements (if any) for your organization's constituents/membership (if you provide a written application for admission as a member, you may attach a copy):
10. In what language/s does your organization conduct its business?
11. Provide support for the statement that your organization is self-supporting (by answering "yes" you confirm that it will not rely on ICANN for funding):
Have been in existence since 1994 and have been self financing.
12. Describe your organization's structure (e.g. governing and decision-making bodies and processes):
Governing - Council consisting of President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer, 4 Committee Members, Immediate Past President
13. Does your organization commit to supporting its individual constituents'/membership's informed participation in ICANN?
14. Describe how your organization keeps its constituents/membership informed about, and enables them to participate in, decisions regarding issues of interest:
Regular technical sessions once every 2 months, sessions with feature speakers (at least 4 per year), IT managers forum (at least 4 per year), newsletters
15. Does your organization post on the Internet publicly-accessible, current information about your organization's goals, structure, description of constituent group(s)/membership, working mechanisms, leadership, and contact(s) (if this information currently is available, provide URLs)?
16. Provide information on your organization's leadership (leaders' names, positions, emails):
Rabindra Jaggernauth: President, rabindra.jaggernauth@xxxxxxxx
Fenwick Reid: VP, Fenwick.reid@xxxxxxxx
David Greene: Sec
Rosalie Chang: Treasurer
Peter Mitchell: Committee Member
Susan Hale: Committee Member
Ghislaine Agostini: Committee Member
Albert Teemul: Committee Member
George Gobin: Immediate Past President
17. What is your organization's primary goal or mission (please attach any mission or policy statement for your organization, if in writing, or provide a URL, if posted):
See attached Constitution and bye-laws.
18. What ICANN-related issues currently are of interest to your organization's constituents/membership:
Internet governance; Administration of .tt top-level-domain; affordable internet access.
19. If formed, will your organization commit to assisting the Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) for the region in which your organization is based in performing its function?
Information Technology Professional Society of Trinidad and Tobago