Application for "At-Large Structure" (ALS) Designation
1. Organization's Name: Information Society of Barbados
2. Organization's email address: secretary@xxxxxxxx
3. Organization's phone number (include country/city codes): 246-417-4026
4. Organization's address (location and postal address, if different): P.O. Box 1143, Bridgetown, Barbados
5. Organization's website (URL) (if available): www.isb.org.bb
6. Organization's contact for ALS application (email, phone, address): James Corbin
66 Rowans Park
7. Is your organization constituted so that participation by individual Internet users who are citizens or residents of countries within the Geographic Region in which your organization is based will predominate in your organization's operation?
8. Describe your organization's constituents/membership (number, citizenship/location, defining characteristic - e.g. profession for professional societies):
It is the premier organization in Barbados, dedicated to Information Communications Technology Specialists, Information Technology Managers and Technocrats, as well all persons involved with the collection, processing, retrieval or dissemination of information
9. Explain the eligibility requirements (if any) for your organization's constituents/membership (if you provide a written application for admission as a member, you may attach a copy):
Anyone who deals with information
10. In what language/s does your organization conduct its business?
11. Provide support for the statement that your organization is self-supporting (by answering "yes" you confirm that it will not rely on ICANN for funding):
Organisation is a charity
12. Describe your organization's structure (e.g. governing and decision-making bodies and processes):
Treasurer, Secretary, Corporate representative, Institutional representative
13. Does your organization commit to supporting its individual constituents'/membership's informed participation in ICANN?
14. Describe how your organization keeps its constituents/membership informed about, and enables them to participate in, decisions regarding issues of interest:
Monthly meetings, newspaper articles, internet ( www.isb.org.bb), newsletters; annual general meetings
15. Does your organization post on the Internet publicly-accessible, current information about your organization's goals, structure, description of constituent group(s)/membership, working mechanisms, leadership, and contact(s) (if this information currently is available, provide URLs)?
16. Provide information on your organization's leadership (leaders' names, positions, emails):
President, Allan Herbert, allan_herbert@xxxxxxxx
Vice President ,James Corbin, James@xxxxxxxx
17. What is your organization's primary goal or mission (please attach any mission or policy statement for your organization, if in writing, or provide a URL, if posted):
18. What ICANN-related issues currently are of interest to your organization's constituents/membership:
Technical issues and management
19. If formed, will your organization commit to assisting the Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) for the region in which your organization is based in performing its function?