Application for "At-Large Structure" (ALS) Designation
1. Organization's Name: Barbados Information & Communications Technology Professionals Association (BIPA)
2. Organization's email address:inf@@xxxxxxxx
3. Organization's phone number (include country/city codes): 246-429-5357
4. Organization's address (location and postal address, if different): BIPA c/o Barbados Coialition of Services Industries, 4th Ave. Belleville, St. Michael, Barbados, West Indies.
5. Organization's website (URL) (if available): www.bipa.bb
6. Organization's contact for ALS application (email, phone, address): Steven Williams (President) firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Is your organization constituted so that participation by individual Internet users who are citizens or residents of countries within the Geographic Region in which your organization is based will predominate in your organization's operation? Yes
8. Describe your organization's constituents/membership (number, citizenship/location, defining characteristic - e.g. profession for professional societies): Our members of technology and commuincations professionals such as IT consultant, Managers, IT security sonsultants and researchers.
9. Explain the eligibility requirements (if any) for your organization's constituents/membership (if you provide a written application for admission as a member, you may attach a copy): Memebers should be either working in the field of ICT or certified in the field by a recognised ICT institution. Please see attached membership form for BIPA
10. In what language/s does your organization conduct its business? We speak english only.
11. Provide support for the statement that your organization is self-supporting (by answering "yes" you confirm that it will not rely on ICANN for funding): Our organisation was recently formed and will be a challenge for some levels of particpation.
12. Describe your organization's structure (e.g. governing and decision-making bodies and processes): Our organisatin is comprised of a 7 member executive headed by a president and a vice president, a Secretary-Tresurer and 3 floor members.
13. Does your organization commit to supporting its individual constituents'/membership's informed participation in ICANN? yes we do
14. Describe how your organization keeps its constituents/membership informed about, and enables them to participate in, decisions regarding issues of interest: We meet monthly and the use of email has been the primary form of communication.
15. Does your organization post on the Internet publicly-accessible, current information about your organization's goals, structure, description of constituent group(s)/membership, working mechanisms, leadership, and contact(s) (if this information currently is available, provide URLs)? The website is due for completion with 20 working days
16. Provide information on your organization's leadership (leaders' names, positions, emails):
President - Steven Williams - swillams@xxxxxxxx
Vice President - Anthoney Hinkson - hinksoncomputers@xxxxxxxx
Janelle Tudor - Sectary Teasurer - jan_tudor@xxxxxxxx
17. What is your organization's primary goal or mission (please attach any mission or policy statement for your organization, if in writing, or provide a URL, if posted): Please find attached requested document.
18. What ICANN-related issues currently are of interest to your organization's constituents/membership:
19. If formed, will your organization commit to assisting the Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) for the region in which your organization is based in performing its function? Yes.