Application for "At-Large Structure" (ALS) Designation
1. Organization's Name: VINCULART - VINCULACION PARA EL DESARROLLO, LA CULTURA Y LA EDUCACION, ASOCIACION CIVIL
Duly registered with tax returns current under Mexican law.
2. Organization's email address: mpazsilva@xxxxxxxx
3. Organization's phone number (include country/city codes): 52 735 357 6089; Alternate number. 52 55 5687 6030
4. Organization's address (location and postal address, if different): Calle Independencia 23
Tlayacapan, Morelos 62540
5. Organization's website (URL) (if available): www.vinculart.org.mx
6. Organization's contact for ALS application (email, phone, address):
Maria de la Paz Silva Contreras
Tel. 52 735 357 6089
52 555 687 6030
Alternate mailing address:
México, D.F. 03810 México
7. Is your organization constituted so that participation by individual Internet users who are citizens or residents of countries within the Geographic Region in which your organization is based will predominate in your organization's operation?
8. Describe your organization's constituents/membership (number, citizenship/location, defining characteristic - e.g. profession for professional societies):
Director: Maria de la
Paz Silva, Executive Director (Mexicana, Lic. en Pedagogía, UNAM, Mexico)
Voting Members: Board
members per Acta Constitutiva: Ilian Blanco
García (Mexicana, Sociologist) Scott S. Robinson (US, Social Anthropologist)
Members: Israel Alarcón Rojas
(Mexican, IT engineer), Jazmín Contreras García
(Mexican, graphic design), Sebastián Robinson Carrión
(Mexican, M.A. Planning and GIS systems), Angeles Mateo (Catalan, environmental education).
At-Large Members: open to interested individuals
9. Explain the eligibility requirements (if any) for your organization's constituents/membership (if you provide a written application for admission as a member, you may attach a copy):
Members: Individuals with a commitment to the expansion and consolidation of community telecenters and related public policy issues in Mexico and elsewhere.
10. In what language/s does your organization conduct its business?
11. Provide support for the statement that your organization is self-supporting (by answering "yes" you confirm that it will not rely on ICANN for funding):
12. Describe your organization's structure (e.g. governing and decision-making bodies and processes):
The Executive Director receives project ideas from members and coordinates initiatives with same. Executive Director is also a member of the executive committee of Somos@Telecentros, www.tele-centros.org, registered in Quito, Ecuador, and also served as Chair of the founding Coordinating Committee of this regional network since its first organizational meeting in Quito, Ecuador, 2002. VINCULART is, in effect, the corresponding member of the Somos@Telecentros network for Mexico. The very active S@T website links thousands of community telecenter leaders and staffers throughout the Latin American region. VINCULART is very closely tied to the Tlayacapan, Morelos telecenter,www.telecentro.org.mx, whose Director, Israel Alarcon, is a Member of VINCULART. The Executive Director, Board members and general members participate actively in most digital inclusion meetings and conferences in Mexico, in both the NGO community and in academic circles. VINCULART-linked activism (conference papers, policy recommendations and lobbying) far outweigh the limited resources in the organization's budget.
VINCULART stems from a Canadian IDRC-funded community telecenter project via the Univ Metropolitana, Mexico, D.F. (1998-2001) More information about this early phase is available at: http://www.idrc.ca/en/ev-87880-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html
13. Does your organization commit to supporting its individual constituents'/membership's informed participation in ICANN?
14. Describe how your organization keeps its constituents/membership informed about, and enables them to participate in, decisions regarding issues of interest:
Website and active email list focusing on telecenters in Mexico.
15. Does your organization post on the Internet publicly-accessible, current information about your organization's goals, structure, description of constituent group(s)/membership, working mechanisms, leadership, and contact(s) (if this information currently is available, provide URLs)?
Yes. See www.vinculart.org.mx plus www.tele-centros.org and its Centro de Recursos where some key documents have been contributed by VINCULART members.
Other URL's registered for this organization's exclusive use: none.
16. Provide information on your organization's leadership (leaders' names, positions, emails):
Maria de la Paz Silva, Exec Dir, <mpazsilva@xxxxxxxx>
Israel Alarcón, <israel_ascinet@xxxxxxxx>
Jazmín Contreras <jazpiolin_mcg@xxxxxxxx>
Angeles Mateo <selegna80@xxxxxxxx>
Sebastián Robinson <kuyuvi@xxxxxxxx>
Scott Robinson <ssr@xxxxxxxx>
17. What is your organization's primary goal or mission (please attach any mission or policy statement for your organization, if in writing, or provide a URL, if posted):
Mission Statement: Posted on the introductory page of www.vinculart.org.mx
18. What ICANN-related issues currently are of interest to your organization's constituents/membership:
Current Issues: the set of complex issues inherent in local and large scale digital inclusion projects.
19. If formed, will your organization commit to assisting the Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) for the region in which your organization is based in performing its function?
MARIA DE LA PAZ SILVA CONTRERAS