Application for "At-Large Structure" (ALS) Designation
1. Organization's Name: Barbados Association of Non Governmental Organisations (BANGO)
2. Organization's email address: admin@xxxxxxxx
3. Organization's phone number (include country/city codes): 246-228-4048
4. Organization's address (location and postal address, if different): #10 Garrison, St. Michael, Barbados, Caribbean.
5. Organization's website (URL) (if available): www.bango.org.bb
6. Organization's contact for ALS application (email, phone, address):
Roosevelt King, 246-228-4048 / 246-431-8513, #10 Garrison, St. Michael,
7. Is your organization constituted so that participation by individual Internet users who are citizens or residents of countries within the Geographic Region in which your organization is based will predominate in your organization's operation?
8. Describe your organization's constituents/membership (number, citizenship/location, defining characteristic - e.g. profession for professional societies):
Non Governmental Organisations, Community Based Organisations and Faith Based Organisations
9. Explain the eligibility requirements (if any) for your organization's constituents/membership (if you provide a written application for admission as a member, you may attach a copy):
Must be an NGO, CBO or FBO actively operating in Barbados
10. In what language/s does your organization conduct its business?
11. Provide support for the statement that your organization is self-supporting (by answering "yes" you confirm that it will not rely on ICANN for funding):
The membership of BANGO is made up of organisations and not individuals
12. Describe your organization's structure (e.g. governing and decision-making bodies and processes):
Board of Trustees - Provide technical oversight
Executive Committee - Policy and Day to Day operations
Sectoral Committees and sub committees - Sector and sub-sector decision making
Poverty Alleviation Desk
Consumer Affairs Desk
ICT and Telecommunications Unit
Project Proposal Writing Department
Information and Communications Department
13. Does your organization commit to supporting its individual constituents'/membership's informed participation in ICANN?
14. Describe how your organization keeps its constituents/membership informed about, and enables them to participate in, decisions regarding issues of interest:
Internet discussion groups, meetings
15. Does your organization post on the Internet publicly-accessible, current information about your organization's goals, structure, description of constituent group(s)/membership, working mechanisms, leadership, and contact(s) (if this information currently is available, provide URLs)?
16. Provide information on your organization's leadership (leaders' names, positions, emails):
Chairman of Board of Trustees - Rodney Grant - pcw_office@xxxxxxxx
Secretary General - Roosevelt O. King - rok@xxxxxxxx
Deputy Secretary General - Suzanne Phillips - artworx@xxxxxxxx
Assistant Secretary General - Corey Lane - bajancorey@xxxxxxxx
Assistant Secretary General - Kenny Bovell - imaker@xxxxxxxx
Assistant Secretary General - Dedra Bartlett - bajanbabes60@xxxxxxxx
Press Secretary - Trevor Yearwood - tyearwood@xxxxxxxx
17. What is your organization's primary goal or mission (please attach any mission or policy statement for your organization, if in writing, or provide a URL, if posted):
18. What ICANN-related issues currently are of interest to your organization's constituents/membership:
Global internet policy in general with a need to monitor technical coordination. More specifically identities and security.
19. If formed, will your organization commit to assisting the Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) for the region in which your organization is based in performing its function?
Roosevelt O. King