Host: Rod Beckstrom, President and CEO, ICANN
Description: The Chair of the ALAC has requested that Rod Beckstrom, ICANN President and CEO, join a teleconference with ALAC to discuss how At-Large might become more integrally engaged in ICANN's external relations, such as with respect to the IGF and intergovernmental organisations.
A G E N D A
- Introductions (very brief) of those attending
- "Regional Events" and Issues: How can RALOs and Regional leaders in At-Large work with Rod & relevant staff on a regional basis?
- Regional IGF Preparatory Meetings
- *TLD meetings
- Other meetings - national Internet related meetings
- Information submitted to governments by At-Large community members with information about ICANN included (see below)
- Other Internet meetings where At-Large members are attending
- Global Events and Issues: How can At-Large participate more effectively alongside other ICANN communities, Rod and relevant staff?
- Annual IGF Events
- Intergovernmental or Governmental meetings on Internet issues
- Other meetings with Internet-governance elements
- Coordination: Are there opportunities for greater coordination between At-Large and ICANN corporate's external relations efforts?
- Ensuring External Relations staff are aware of community members attending meetings
- Ensuring community is aware of what events External Relations is attending
- How can a two-way system of information-sharing be created?
- Budget Issues: Staff/At-Large interaction on budgeting increasingly constructive / effective; how can this be applied in the context of the discussion in items 2, 3, and 4 above
Item 2.4: An example of this is the inclusion of the ICANN model in "Iterative policy learning" through decentralised spaces, in the recent briefing paper and recommendation endorsements from Public Sphere 2: Government 2.0 in Australia (see p15 of the PDF version). Note a Handover of this Report and Q&A with the Australian Govt 2.0 Task Force is being held on Aug 21
Item 3: At-Large Staff and the community are maintaining a calendar of the events that At-Large members are attending, or which they think are important and should be attended by someone in ICANN, but which are not ICANN-sponsored. This shared resource could have others added to it and become a collaboration of the kind discussed in Item 3. The calendar can be found at http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=0cutm6ftq8gt115g02arka0858%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Etc/GMT