Application for "At-Large Structure" (ALS) Designation
Moroccan Internet Society (MISOC)
- Organization's Name: Moroccan Internet Society (Misoc)
- Organization's email address: bureau@xxxxxx
- Organization's phone number (include country/city codes): + 212 61 40 15 15
Organization's address (location and postal address, if different):
B.P 68 04, Ave
Allal Al Fassi, Medinat Al Irfane Rabat Maroc
- Organization's website (URL) (if available): http://www.misoc.org.ma
Organization's contact for ALS application (email, phone, address):
Tel : + 212 61 40 15 15
Address : B.P 68 04 , Ave Allal Al Fassi, Medinat Al Irfane Rabat Maroc
Is your organization constituted so that participation by individual Internet users who are citizens or residents of countries within the Geographic Region in which your organization is based will predominate in your organization's operation?
Describe your organization's constituents/membership (number, citizenship/location, defining characteristic - e.g. profession for professional societies):
Moroccan Internet Society (Misoc) is an association with nonlucrative goal, and a Chapter of ISOC (Internet Society). Created in November 1995; it currently gathers some three hundred members of Moroccan citizenship representing all the areas of Morocco, resulting from various branches of industry : the public and private sector, the bank, teaching and research. Misoc has the role:
- To set up and to coordinate operations of sensitizing and information via Internet on a national level,
- To associate all the actors implied in the process of exploitation of the information via Internet, which they are producers,
- or diffuser of information, trainers, technicians or specialists in telecommunications,
- To regularly organize training courses for all the levels: from the simple user to the manager of Internet network,
- To promote and help with the installation of sites diffusing information to the Morrocans,
- To promote and help with the installation of forums of discussions specific to the concerns of the users in Morocco,
- To establish privileged relations with Telecom operators in Morocco in order to facilitate the access to communication resources,
All this is with a purely scientific and academic aim so as to help as possible all Internet users in Morocco.
Explain the eligibility requirements (if any) for your organization's constituents/membership (if you provide a written application for admission as a member, you may attach a copy):
To become regular member of the association, it is necessary to express an interest by its formation, its function or its quality utilisator Internet and: to address to the president of the association the application form duly completed, (see <http://www.misoc.org.ma/_misoc/adhesion.html>); to be approved by the office of the association; and to pay the annual contribution. The titular membership confers to the interesting the eligible right to be elected on various functions of the association.
In what language/s does your organization conduct its business?
Arabic and French.
Provide support for the statement that your organization is self-supporting (by answering "yes" you confirm that it will not rely on ICANN for funding):
(please see the statute of misoc: <http://www.misoc.org.ma/_misoc/statuts.html>).
- Describe your organization's structure (e.g. governing and decision-making bodies and processes):
Does your organization commit to supporting its individual constituents'/membership's informed participation in ICANN?
The association is managed by an office. The members of this office are elected by the general assembly. The office of the association is composed of:
- a president
- a vice-president
- a secretary-general
- an associated secretary-general
- a treasurer
- an assistant treasurer
Describe how your organization keeps its constituents/membership informed about, and enables them to participate in, decisions regarding issues of interest:
nformation concerning the activities of the association is put regularly on its Web site. There is also a mailing list (<misoc@xxxxxx>) where the members communicate between them and deliver their opinions on the various decisions taken by the office. At the end of each mandate, the office presents a moral report on the results and the activities of Misoc; this report is presented at the annual general assembly which brings together all the members.
Does your organization post on the Internet publicly-accessible, current information about your organization's goals, structure, description of constituent group(s)/membership, working mechanisms, leadership, and contact(s) (if this information currently is available, provide URLs)?
Provide information on your organization's leadership (leaders' names, positions, emails):
Name Function HILALI Abdelaziz President hilali@xxxxxx EL KHETTAR AMINE Vice-president info@xxxxxx HASSI RAHOU Mohammed Secretary-general mhassirahou@xxxxxx LASFAR KADDOUR Treasurer kalasfar@xxxxxx BABAHABIB My Hachem Associated secretary-general babahabib@xxxxxx EDDAIFI Driss Assistant treasurer eddaifi@xxxxxx OKBA KAMAL Technical commity rokba@xxxxxx NAMOUS Redouane Communication r.namous@xxxxxx KRIAA Oumaima Meeting Organiser okriaa@xxxxxx
What is your organization's primary goal or mission (please attach any mission or policy statement for your organization, if in writing, or provide a URL, if posted):
What ICANN-related issues currently are of interest to your organization's constituents/membership:
The representation of the users of Internet at the African level and particularly Morrocan within ICANN;
- To take part in the decisions of the ICANN, which can affect the uses of the individual users
- Follow-up of the Management of the domain names in Morocco, Africa and in the world,
- To be informed through the meetings of ICANN about technological innovations on Internet
If formed, will your organization commit to assisting the Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) for the region in which your organization is based in performing its function?
Chair of Misoc (Moroccan Chapter of ISOC)
Address: INPT, Madinate Al Irfane, Av. Allal Al Fassi
Mobile phone: + 188.8.131.52.15