Application for "At-Large Structure" (ALS) Designation
Tunisian Internet Society
- Organization's Name: Tunisian Internet Society
- Organization's email address: info@@xxxxxx
Organization's phone number:
Phone : 216 71 602 944 – 216 71 602 940
Fax : 216 71 602 930
Organization's address (location and postal address, if different):
Centre de Calcul El Khawarizmi
Campus Universitaire Manouba
2010 - Manouba
- Organization's website (URL) (if available): www.isoc.org.tn
Organization's contact for ALS application (email, phone, address):
Khaled KOUBAA, President
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Is your organization constituted so that participation by individual Internet users who are citizens or residents of countries within the Geographic Region in which your organization is based will predominate in your organization's operation?
Describe your organization's constituents/membership (number, citizenship/location, defining characteristic - e.g. profession for professional societies):
Individuals, organizations and private companies.
Explain the eligibility requirements (if any) for your organization's constituents/membership (if you provide a written application for admission as a member, you may attach a copy):
All Tunisians citizens are eligible to be members.
In what language/s does your organization conduct its business?
Arabic / French
Provide support for the statement that your organization is self-supporting (by answering "yes" you confirm that it will not rely on ICANN for funding):
No we depend on donations of our sponsors.
Describe your organization's structure (e.g. governing and decision-making bodies and processes):
- General Assembly
- Executive Bureau
Does your organization commit to supporting its individual constituents'/membership's informed participation in ICANN?
Describe how your organization keeps its constituents/membership informed about, and enables them to participate in, decisions regarding issues of interest:
- Monthly newsletter
- On site announcements
- Periodic meeting
Does your organization post on the Internet publicly-accessible, current information about your organization's goals, structure, description of constituent group(s)/membership, working mechanisms, leadership, and contact(s) (if this information currently is available, provide URLs)?
Provide information on your organization's leadership (leaders' names, positions, emails):
Khaled KOUBAA President koubaak@xxxxxxxx
Mondher LAABIDI Vice-President laabidim@xxxxxxxx
Adel ALAYA Vice-President alayaa@xxxxxxxx
Rochdi Kechida Vice-President kechidar@xxxxxxxx
Boumaiza Sabeur General Secretary boumaizas@xxxxxxxx
Ben Khedda Bechir Treasory benkheddab@xxxxxxxx
Boughattas Atef Board Member boughattasa@xxxxxxxx
What is your organization's primary goal or mission (please attach any mission or policy statement for your organization, if in writing, or provide a URL, if posted):
- Facilitates open development of standards, protocols, administration technical infrastructure of the Internet
- Supports education in developing countries specifically, and need exists
- Promotes professional development and builds community to participation and leadership in areas important to the evolution Provides reliable information about the Internet
- Provides forums for discussion of issues that affect Internet development and use -- technical, commercial, societal, etc.
- Fosters an environment for international cooperation, community, culture that enables self-governance to work
- Serves as a focal point for cooperative efforts to promote the positive tool to benefit all people throughout the world
- Provides management and coordination for on-strategy initiatives outreach efforts -- humanitarian, educational, societal, etc.
What ICANN-related issues currently are of interest to your organization's constituents/membership:
ALAC, CCNSO, IDN
If formed, will your organization commit to assisting the Regional At-Large Organization (RALO) for the region in which your organization is based in performing its function?